Tuesday, January 24, 2006

update

I really have nothing to do at all right now at work.  I can stare out my window at the narrow slice of the sky that squeezes through the two buildings opposite me, but that just gets frustrating.  If a plane goes by I see it for about .2 seconds.  I don’t think I have anything in particular to write about so I’ll just do a normal state of the non-union address. 

On vacation for the next two weeks starting on the 30th.  Not really going anywhere really, but im flying almost everyday, for four hours a day.  Ill be getting my instrument pilots license which basically just means I can fly in bad weather.  It’s a tough course that usually takes a couple months to do…im doing it in two weeks….because I am a rockstar…..word. 

Still hate my job and have nothing but flying to occupy the brain during the day.  It’s a constant fight for me to find something I want to do.  here is what I have so far:  I want to fly airshows, I am willing to fly commercial airliners, I would like to work with the EAA, I would love to write for a magazine, I wish the museum had its act together.  So how do I do any of this?  Well right now the only thing I can do is keep my eyes open for an opportunity and hop on it whenever I see it.  My friend dave is moving to boulder, Colorado because he got hooked up with a ski magazine, complete badass move that I am kind of hoping to replicate….just without the snow…and the skiing…and the Colorado. 


Still single..ppphhhtttttttttt

Im starting to get the music bug again.  Ive always wished I could sing.  Dirty little secret about me is that I sing all the time..all the time.  And I really practice it, not in the classical sense but in my own foolish I think I know what im doing way.  At night when im walking home from the bar (working, not out for a drink) ill toss on the iPod with one ear in the headphones and ill sing along to whatever it is I am listening to, usually ryan adams because I know all the words, but maybe radiohead, jeff buckley if I am feeling saucy.  Im starting to actually hit all the notes rather well, approach them the right way, give them the inflection I want to without sounding cheesy.  No matter what though, I still am not a fan of the sonority of my voice, I sound muffled and breathy, like john mayer with a cold.  Im working on that one though.  And ive been writing a lot lately too.  Past few weeks have seen a couple tunes emerge.  Most of this happens at night laying in bed.  I keep the grampy guitar (see post about guitars in the archives I think from last January?) next to my bed.  That’s how I fall asleep, playing ma geetar.  One tune is just about a lullaby, one I think coldplay probably wrote or should have written.  Ive also been revisiting stuff I wrote awhile ago and ya know what?  Its not half bad, I might actually get around to recording some stuff.  I think it would be kind of ryan adamsy but with some portishead mixed in.  itll be delicious.  Speaking of portishead, has anyone heard the rumor that they are touring?  I know radiohead is, but I heard portishead might be going out too.  I wont keep you posted because if everyone knows, I wont get a good seat.  Going to see sigur ros in a few weeks for the second time in as many months, yeah, cant wait.

Ive been on a health kick lately.  Ive been eating really strict just to see how I can handle it.  No soda, no candy, no beer, no red meat, lots of rice, chicken, lots of vegetables, Indian food (not always healthy but too good not to have), lots of water to stay hydrated, nothing fried, low fat stuff.  I want to slim down because I was getting up there in the weight category.  If I am going to be flying aerobatics I gosta be in shape.  So over the past few weeks, I have no idea how many pounds ive lost but I know that my waist is smaller by two inches which rocks.  Even my coworker said I was starting to look puffy.  Not anymore bitches.  Ideal weight for me: 160-175, somewhere in there.  Of course I have no idea what I actually so ill just have to guess. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home