Sunday, December 18, 2005

horizons

Sitting watching tv with laura and jake the other night, I had a thought. We were watching the Truman show (jim carrey…no one else that’s famous). At the end he is on a boat and crashes into a wall that is supposed to be the horizon. For a second I was really jealous of him. As a pilot, as someone that loves to fly, you are constantly chasing the horizon eventhough you know youll never catch it, but there is still the dream that one day you do. So there was jim carrey, touching the sky., lucky bastard. My mind of course dribbles into the realm of romantics and I thought to myself, in a self-loathing kind of way, that that is probably where ill find her, on the horizon. But seeing as how I cant get there, im screwed, ill never find that. a piss poor attitude right? And then I thought, well maybe im standing on hers. Maybe she can see me off in the distance, a speck on her horizon. Im there, right where ive always wanted to be. And maybe, just maybe, she knows how to catch up to it. Perhaps it only takes time. We shall see…

took laura glyda and jakers up flying today. it was jakes first time in a little plane, i took laura up years ago at which time she almost got sick. fairly easy day but they both got to feel the controls a little bit, see the world sideways and get a windshield full of the ground. here are some pics:







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home