Sunday, November 13, 2005

born again

it would be a diservice to both myself and my many readers if i didnt write about this weekend. ill break it down into two parts.
first of all, i flew this weekend. saturday i went up at 3:30. it was my last flight to get checked out in a 172. i just had to log more time in it, but i also wanted to get really comfortable with the plane since i was going to be checked out in it....and we all know what i mean by getting comfortable. we get over newport and sho nuff, im rolling the plane over on its sides, floating stuff around the cockpit, spinning the plane...it was mint. it was dusk so the sun was setting off on the horizon, just a day racing away, the air was as smooth as glass, it was just perfect. today was the big day though. i got my pilots license today. i am now a fully fledged, FAA licensed pilot. i remember being 10 years old and reading a brochure from Spy in Sky flight services and about how much it cost and about how old you have to be and i remember wanting that more than anything. i used to sit out in my backyard and look up at the sky, the clouds, the birds, the big jet airliners passing overhead, and small cessna's coming into the airport near me. i was always jealous of them, more than that i wanted to be one of them. after i got my license today, i went home, grinning ear to ear, laid down in my backyard, and looked up. for the first time it wasnt some foreign place, it wasnt a place where i could only dream about going. these werent brave men and woman dashing around the sky. no. instead, it was my sky, my clouds, my infinite promise, and these were my friends and colleagues, and i belong with them. i sat in the backyard and felt that my life was just starting. it was the happiest i have ever felt, but it can only get better as my days and weeks are bookmarked by high flung soaring, paying my friends a visit, and just living.
second part of the best weekend ever. ill be a little bit more vague about this one as to protect the innocent. to put it plain, yes plain and vague at the same time, i met this girl. i just about spent the weekend with. i am not going to say too much, but i have a very good feeling about her. sometimes people just fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home