Monday, March 09, 2009

black and grey matter

I've lost the touch!

I realize how damn analytical I've gotten.  Note that word.  Analytical.  Divide it up.  First part?  Anal.  Second part?  ytical.  Of course its the first part that I'm concerned about.  Ytical doesn't really mean anything though it may bear some resemblance to some body part I've never heard of that probably resides close to its grammatical/anatomical brethren.  

I've stopped seeing the poetry of day to day things.  I've been going down memory lane, repeatedly like that creepy guy that keeps driving past my friends house.  I, in addition to being the occasional schmuck, used to have some fairly decent insights into the world.  Finding meaning and metaphor in everyday stuff whether it was a guy at the wharf or roadkill or a passing glance.  Now?  I got nothin'.

This is totally ass backwards too because I've gained way more perspective on things in my time of anti-blogness.  I don't think its the same type of perspective that I am used to though.  My previously well used right brain has traded spots with the left brain for dominance in thought and comprehension.  Numbers don't lie.   There is meaning in numbers but it is hard truth, void of feeling, emotion, interpretation.  Numbers don't make me feel accomplished or successful, but all I have been working with lately are hard cold numbers.  Maybe it's just called growing up (cue toys r us theme song) but whatever it is, I'm not seeing the world as...colorful...as I used to.  Yes I do fly airplanes and yes I do go hiking but I'm not absorbing anything.  I'm not seeing anything new, or at least in a new light.  I think I may be too stuck in a routine to have the daily opportunities for something new.  Hmmmmmmm.  

When the Earth was still embryonic, it was a hellacious place with fire raining down from the sky, rivers of lava flowing free, winds that would make our fiercest hurricanes seem like a cool summer breeze.  It was volatile but it was in the phase of being created.  Over time, obviously things settled down, tectonic plates became more stable, winds subsided, and life happened.  Outside of the occasional earthquake, things haven't really changed much in millions and millions of years.  Just every once in a while....

I could use an earthquake. 

Cp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home