Friday, May 26, 2006

the new years eve prayer

packing up stuff to move i found my long lost jeff buckley live at sin-e' dvd. in it, he reads a poem entitled new years eve prayer. youll notice my favorite saying ever right in there. so, without further delay:

you my love, are allowed to forget about the christmas you just spent stressed out in your parents house.
you my love, are allowed to shed the weight of all the years before, like bad disco clothes. save them for a night of dancing stoned with your lover.
you my love, are allowed to let yourself drown every night in bottomless, wild, and naked symbolic dreams.
you my love, in sleep can unlock your youth and your most terrifying magic, and dreaming is for the courageous
you my love are allowed to grab my guitar and sing me idiot love songs if youve lost your ability to speak. keep it down to two minutes.
you my love, are allowed to rot and to die and to live again, more alive and incandescent than before.
you my love, are allowed to beat the shit out of your television, choke its thoughts and corrupt its mind, kill, kill, kill, kill the motherfucker before the song of zombified pain and panic and malaise and its narrow right wing vision and its cheap commercial gang rape becomes the white noise of the world. turnabout is fair play
you my love, are allowed to forgive, and love your television
you my love, are allowed to speak in kisses to those around you and those up in heaven
you my love, are allowed to show your babies how to dance full bodied, starry eyed, audacious, supernatural and glorified
you my love, are allowed to suck in every single endeavor
you my love, are allowed to be soaked like a lovers blanket in the new york summertime with the wonder of your own special gift.
you my love, are allowed to receive praise
you my love, are allowed to have time
you my love, are allowed to understand
you my love, are allowed to love
woman, disobey
little men believe
you my love, are a rebellion


-fin-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home