Thursday, April 13, 2006

tiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmme on my side...not

There aren’t too too many people around that over 100 years old.  Even if someone is 100, they were only born in 1906.  if we were looking for someone born in the 1800’s they would have to be at the very least 106 years old.  There definitely aren’t too many of them around.  You gotta figure that pretty soon every person that was ever born in the 1800’s is pushing up daisies.  That got me thinking that when I was 10, it wasn’t all that far fetched to find someone born in 1890.  they would still be 100 years old, but we still had an entire decade worth of people that were born in the 1800’s.  and now, how many do we have left?  It got weird to think about that.  its like all that time, and all those memories are dead too surviving only in yellowed photographs and in inked words.  

Think about how weird that is for our parents.  My parents were born in the 50’s.  if someone were born in 1890, they would only have been 60 when my parents were born, 80 when they were 20 and so on.  It must be weird for them that all the old people are now dead people.  And its going to be weird for us too when we turn into old people.  Crap.  Time keeps ticking and there aint nothing we can do about it.  Time…what an asshole. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Whitey said...

Time is not on our side, but God is and it doesn't matter to me when I die as long as I know I am going to heaven. God loves you, you know.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home