Wednesday, October 05, 2005

best weekend ever

not kidding. flew out to taunton on saturday and took off from their gravel runway. flew to this little field called myrix (spelling?). either way, its a grass strip. when you come in there are trees five feet off of each wingtip. i landed and looked around for a bit, seriously felt like i was back in the midwest. i start chatting with Murray, the groundskeeper so to speak of the field. after talking for about 20 or 30 minutes he asks me if i want a ride in his WWII french open cockpit biplane. duh. we hop in and start taxiing, no helmet, no roof, no goggles, no radio, hell not even a door on the plane. he yells to me "when you feel me move the stick side to side its yours to fly" he takes off and climbs out, gets me up to about 500 feet and wiggles the stick. this is real flying. most incredible thing in the world.
sunday was my last flight with my instructor. we went out and did some last practicing and then just goofed off for a bit. basically flew upside down for awhile, awesome fun...doesnt get any better. yesterday i took my written test and passed just fine. took my last flight with the school so they could basically make sure i was competent which they thought i was.
FAA checkride sunday morning, wish me
this is what i flew on saturday..a Stampe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home