Wednesday, July 05, 2006

24.92

its july 5th. less than a month left of my 24th year. some of you may remember a post regarding what I expected to happen during this time. I wrote that, since 24 has always been my lucky number, everything big that was going to happen to me, all the major stuff that would directly influence the rest of my life would happen at some point during this year.
unless you haven’t read this in awhile, you should be able to tell without even reading any further that I was pretty much right about it. almost. lets review, shall we?

Obviously, getting my pilots license was the best thing that has ever happened to me or best thing ive ever done, which ever way you want to look at it. so that has to rank as #1 overall. as a direct result of this though, I got a job managing the flight school. I actually wake up everyday and look forward to going to work if you can believe it. I found my path, my career, my life. I knew this would happen this year.

the one area of me that remains completely where it was a year ago is the girl situation. I was hoping to get into something this year, not because I’m looking for a wife or anything, I just enjoy it…immensely. but, she never manifested herself in my life this year (use of Buddhist term on purpose). interestingly enough though, Ive learned enough about myself to know that im not even close to being who I want to be yet, so maybe its a good thing after all.

this last bit wasn’t apparent to me until yesterday, but I’m so glad to be out of boston. I really don’t know how I even lasted there as long as I did. I went up there for the 4th of july and while I love my friends and all, I couldn’t wait to get out of the city. it is easier to be happy when I am not there. it used to be that I needed to always be doing something when I was there, whether it was going to the bar or looking to hang out with someone, I just always needed to be doing something. now, I can relax. I don’t need to go any further than a wingtip and a sunset to be completely content and its great.

in other news, Emma, my dog isn’t doing so well today. will she make it through? we don’t know yet. hopefully my next post is not a sad one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home