Sunday, August 21, 2005

allman oh brothers

last night i made the semi annual trip to the tweeter center with my former hippie of an aunt micky. to put it simply, she is the ultimate gregg allman fan. it is no coincidence that i have a cousin gregg, complete with three g's in the spelling. either way, i dont know if its me getting older, or soberer but i dont think i have ever seen so many drunk, high, dirty hippy kids in my entire life collectively as i did last night. it was simply amazing. this one dude kept coming up the aisle (i had an aisle seat as it were, go me) and stopping at everyone. this was our exchange:

overly drunk hipster dude without a shirt on: "hey man, peace man, peace. peace man."
me: "uhhh....yeah. peace."
odhdwaso: "yeah man, oh man, peace yeah thats the shit man. peace."
me: "yeah, go peace."
odhdwaso: "right on, see you get it man, peace! do you drive a bus?"
me: "a what?"
odhdwaso: "what do you drive? is it a bus?"
me: "yeah man, i drive a fuckin bus"
odhdwaso: "aww, man, thats awesome, is it ...cool?"
me: "yeah, its the shit. all the girls are like wow, nice bus."
odhdwaso: "what color is it?"
me: "blue."
odhdwaso: "blue peace bus. BLUE PEACE BUS BLUE PEACE BUS!!!"

he then turns and goes up the aisle shouting this. this was the first year that i can remember when the kids in their unwashed button down shirts sans buttons outnumbered the old dudes with scary tats and laconia '87 t-shirts. personally, ill take the old dudes. theyll get drunk, but it takes them roughly a gallon of 93 Octane high performance to get there, AND they guard their beers as if it is water from the cup of christ himself, complete with healing powers. the "new kids" that obviously dont know any allman tunes outside of what is on the greatest hits disc will dance around like unstablized lawn sprinklers with a weak water pressure, not paying any attention to the inertial effects their dancing has on the brew, thus making my foot rather wet and smelling of germans. some might say that im not down with the party or some shit. oh im sorry, i actually came here to see some musicians, perhaps be able to comprehend what derek trucks is doing rather than make a complete ass out of myself and get arrested for indecent expsoure when my pants that are way too big fall off as i am running away from the security gaurd for smoking a bowl right in front of him. moron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home