Wednesday, July 06, 2005

when once you have tasted flight...

my progress in flying has been rapid to say the least. i basically went through the first 6 lessons in one hour. how? because i sort of know what i am doing, or at least what is going on and how an airplane works. this past weekend i logged another 5 hours flying time, which was awesome. was inverted for .2 seconds and weightless for about the same. after we tooled around for awhile i did about 20 or so touch and go's. for those of you not in the know, a touch and go is when you come in for a landing, but rather than stop and exit the runway, you power back up and take off again without ever stopping. its probably the most fun thing you can do in an airplane, i could do it all day.
so is all of it worth it? the money, the time, the energy, the distraction from other things. yes, yes, yes, and mostly. as i said before, if i could live at 3000ft i would. flying just has that certain something that just draws people in and it never really lets them go once it has them. its driven me to the point where words are useless to describe what its like, ill just have to take everyone up. and no, its not the same as flying in a 737, despite popular belief.
my sisters wedding is this weekend, wish me luck. yes, wish me luck, not her. if i screw anything up my sister will have me castrated with a spork.
i havent said anything about "she who must not be named" in a long time. its taking some of my cunning not to....wait...no....all of my cunning not to mention her. eventhough i just did. but that doesnt count!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home