Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Return of Johnny Starbucks

For too long I have made excuses for the inadequacies of my situation. For too long I have settled for those things which are mere imitations. My standards have faultered, and there is no one to blame but myself. For too long I have dreamt of the days gone past, and longed for their return. But alas, the road is long and troubled friends, there was only one thing I could do.

I went to Starbucks.

This is a big deal. My commute to work consists of a left, and a right, and I am at work. I pass a Dunkin Donuts which obviously lacks in the coffee department if youve been living off of starbucks for the past few years. the nearest starbucks is all the way over in Garden City, way way out of the way. When i was in boston, there were literally 5 starbucks within walking distance of my work. i drew you a map. I also drew a map to show you how far I have to drive to get there if i want a coffee before work. this morning though, i toughened up and went all the way there...just to get a chai. and it was great. and then it gave me a headache. i kind of forgot i gave up coffee because it gives me headaches.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

I love the drawings - absolutely love them.

Sometimes, a good warm drink in the morning is totally worth it. But chai is no coffee. Chai is making you warm and happy; coffee is crisp mornings, vacations on the cape, and just plain old good.

I get headaches when I drink too much of it, too :/

- amie

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home